For Families/Parents of Students Going Abroad
Free Family Orientation (attendance optional)
We look forward to meeting you on Saturday, April 26th!
RSVP here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?usp=drive_web&formkey=dHp2RTNmOFRUT3VReG9OMHdTa0dSYXc6MA#gid=0
Program runs from 1:00-4:00. Please plan to be checked in and seated by 1:00.
Check-in, resources and coffee reception 12:00-1:00.
For those who are not able to attend, we will post materials on this page the week of April 28th.
Parking, International Center Map and Directions
View UCSD International Center in a larger map
The International Center is most easily reached by exiting onto La Jolla Village Drive from I-5, whether approaching UC San Diego from the north or the south.
- From Interstate-5, EXIT on La Jolla Village Drive WEST.
- Proceed to the first light at the bottom of the hill and TURN RIGHT onto VILLA LA JOLLA DRIVE.
- Signs will direct you into the Gilman Parking structure at the corner of Gilman Drive and Villa La Jolla Drive
- There will be additional signs guiding you west up Gilman Drive to the International Center (less than 1/4 mile walk)
- The International Center's cluster of buildings is on the corner of Gilman Drive and Mandeville Lane.
UC San Diego resources
UC Education Abroad Program (EAP)
UCSD Opportunities Abroad Program (OAP)
UCSD Global Seminars
Some of you have asked for a way to communicate with other UC San Diego parents. We have set up groups on GoAbroad.net where you can share your questions and advice and see photos taken by UC San Diego students while abroad.
In order to access these groups you must first register for an account and log in.