Programs Abroad Administered by Other Departments
Looking for a low-cost, short-term program, either for academic credit, or just for the experience of being abroad? There are many high quality programs run by departments other than the Programs Abroad Office.
- UC Summer Sessions: Receive UC credit for Summer Session programs at other UC's
- UCSD Alternative Breaks: National or international service and learning trips coordinated through the Center for Student Involvement.
- UCSD Extension: Language programs from two days to five weeks in Ensenada or Guadalajara. Two to twelve weeks in Madrid. Courses for all language levels are available. Academic credit through UCSD Extension. Host family options are available in all programs.
- UCSD PRIME Overseas Research Program: A fully funded program of science and engineering research abroad in Australia, Taiwan, Japan, China, and Thailand.
- Mexican Migration Field Research and Training Program: Established in 2004 as a core activity of the Center for Comparative Immigration Studies. Students admitted to this program are trained to collect field data using standardized questionnaires (survey research) as well as unstructured interviews and participant-observation. They do in-depth reading and write papers on the region and the communities in which they will be conducting fieldwork.
- Summer Field School in Peru: Organized by UCSD Anthropology Department. Contact Professor Paul Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (858) 822 5747.