International Center Mission and Goals
The International Center's missions are:
- To promote and support international exchange and education.
- To provide the UC San Diego community with experiences that foster global perspectives, cross-cultural competence, and appreciation for diversity.
- To support UC San Diego international students, scholars, and education abroad participants with services that enhance the quality of their intercultural experience and contribute to their academic success.
- To facilitate UC San Diego's participation in global scholarship and international educational exchange.
International Center goals
The International Center's goals are:
- To inspire an appreciation of differences among cultures by providing opportunities for all segments of the campus community to participate in international education and intercultural exchange.
- To provide outreach and advising which enables increasing numbers of students, representing all academic majors and the full diversity of our campus, to enrich their studies with education abroad.
- To meet the special needs of international students, faculty, and researchers, integrating them into campus life, so as to maximize reciprocal benefits from their participation in the UC San Diego community.
- To facilitate re-entry of education abroad returnees, ensuring personal reintegration and maximum sharing of their international education experiences with the UC San Diego community.
- To support growth and development of UC San Diego International House, in order to increase on campus intercultural exchange and understanding between international and U.S. students and scholars, including both residents and non-residents.